Date: 21Oct 2019
The Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong is the first law school in Hong Kong and one of the most prestigious law schools internationally. The pursuit of legal study is one of the greatest fascinations for our generation to equip with rational thinking and the spirit of justice.
What is the life of an HKU Law student? Are you interested in the legal profession? Can justice be done? How to tell if I am talented in advocacy and mooting?
Young Legal Professional Summer Programme (July 29, 2019 to August 3, 2019) allows you to immerse yourself in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap for becoming a lawyer. At this 6-day Programme, you will be exposed to the practice of law, legal topics and rhetoric, and ethics from pre-eminent legal professionals, including our professors.
We provide lectures held by the professors in the Faculty of Law, visits to the legal institutions and law students as guiding buddies. Through various activities prepared by us, it is hoped to further raise students’ interests in law and assist them in the preparation of university study. Students will get a good grasp of the very basics of the legal study, underpinned by the rule of law and the independence and impartiality of our legal institutions throughout the week.
1. To introduce the Faculty of Law and other related double-degree Programmes to secondary students interested in studying law in the future;
2. To facilitate intellectual exchange among secondary students with basic legal concepts;
3. To provide an environment for secondary students to understand the legal education and basic knowledge of the rule of law;
4. To promote and encourage participation of secondary students in future events of HKU;
5. To promote social awareness and encourage critical thinking of secondary students